Friday, June 5, 2009

Europe with my Family





FINALLY!!!!


I have been horrible about making new posts lately! I just can't seem to get it together! With summer weddings and trips...I have been very busy, but now I am back and can share all about my trip to Europe.

After a year of planning, Joseph and I took a Mediterranean Cruise with my family. It was incredible! It was great bonding time for everyone since it was the first time since everyone was married. These are just a few out of the 800 that I took (that's pretty sad)!

For our two year anniversary, we went to Paris a few days before we met up with my family for the cruise. (Pictures are soon to follow) It's such a great way to see several countries without the expense of a ton of hotels and transportation. I definitely recommend it!




On the cruise with my sister and sister in law.




Me and Joseph at our first formal night.

Our first day, we stopped in Naples, Italy. We traveled into Pompeii and Sorrento. This is the Almalfi Coast and Mt. Vesuvius is in the background somewhere-the only active volcano in Europe.



They had lemon trees EVERYWHERE. They also had orange trees along the streets where you shopped. What a life!



In Sorrento, We stopped here at this local family farm. It has been in the family at least for the past 4 generations. They make olive oils from their olive trees that were hundreds of years old, limoncello which is a liqueur using their lemons, and homemade mozzarella cheese.




This is the lady that was showing us the process of making mozzarella cheese.






The Fam at the Pompeii Ruins





In front of the old city of Pompeii which was destroyed by Mt. Vesuvius (which you can see behind us).



Me and Joseph at Dinner





The Guys! My Brother, Brother in law, and husband



2nd Day....Rome, Italy and the Vatican City



Me and Joseph in front of the Colosseum



My sister and I needed our coffee every morning for our long days!




Sistine Chapel (You were not allowed to take pictures inside...but I happened to sneak this one)




Part of the Sistine Chapel...How incredible!






At the Trevi Fountain






3rd Day....Florence, Italy. Aren't these shops adorable? We took a tour around the city in the double- decker bus.




Shuffleboard became a nightly activity! The girls won most of the time! :)



4th Day....Monte Carlo, Monaco





We visited the Oceanagrafic Museum. The different types of fish they are unbelievable. This is just one out of many! As soon as we got to the museum, we were going down the stairs to the aquarium section, and my feet completely came out from underneath me and I fell straight down on my bottom, or should i say, my tailbone! Ouch! Have you ever hurt your tailbone? Its definitely something that doesn't go away quickly...it still hurts today! ( How embarrassing!)





5th Day....Marseilles, France. This is in front of Monte Cristo's Chateau D'If.






Joseph's cousins, Daniel, Tiffany, and Claire have lived in Marseilles, France for a year and a half. We met up with them and they were able to show us some of the city and take us to a couple of their favorite local places.



This is one of their famous chocolate shops, "La Cure Gourmande". There is nothing like it!






Mom, me, sister Leah, and sister in law Morgan.




Last night dinner

Sad it was over, but we feel very blessed by all the things we were able to see and do!

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! What an amazing trip!! I didn't realize you were able to see so many places! I so have to do that at some point in my life! I'm glad you were able to get away and do that! Love you and miss you lots! PS... love the pic of us in your sidebar... haha! It looks so staged!!! : )

    ReplyDelete