Friday, September 11, 2009

Natural and Flawless

Recently I had someone ask how to achieve a "natural and flawless" look when doing your makeup. So, I wanted to share a couple of my favorite products that will do just that.


One of my very first posts was all about Foundation Primer. I am a big believer in using this in order to achieve a flawless complexion. I won't go into all of the benefits again :), but I do want to remind you that a good foundation primer is going to prepare your skin by filling in lines, pores, and most importantly keeping your foundation on all day.

Everyone I'm sure has heard, tried, or seen mineral makeup. This is one thing that I love for more of a natural look, yet you still get good coverage and sun protection.



There are a TON of different mineral makeup lines. One of my favorites is Laura Mercier's Mineral Powder.


Another thing that I love is Tinted Moisturizer. It is a very sheer foundation but also gives sun protection. It is great for achieving a smooth complexion and hiding imperfections but without the heavy feeling.


As far as eye makeup...something that is quick and easy and would still give you some color but be natural is a cream eyeshadow. Use one color on your lid with some liquid liner and finish with some mascara. These are easy to apply. Most are even water-resistant and crease-resistant, and they last forever. One of my favorite ones is the Laura Mercier Metallic Creme Eyeshadow (particularly in Gold). Bobbie brown also has a Long-wear Cream Shadow (I haven't' tried it, but it looks good)


Invest in a good bronzer to give your face a natural "sun-kissed glow". Apply the bronzer to the high points of your face. For more fair complexion's (yes, you can still wear bronzer), choose a shade with more pink tones, such as Laura Mercier's Shimmer Bronzer. (I know I recommend a lot from her line, but I love it!).
Choose a neutral lipstick/gloss to finish your "natural look"!

I would love to hear what your favorite makeup items are for a more natural look!

7 comments:

  1. You do natural so well. I big perk for you who is so naturally beautiful already.

    I have to say: I did buy some powder shadow like two years ago and have worn it almost every day. It really does last forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is funny... i was on another blog and saw a link to this post with my friend Lucy's picture on it, so i thought it might be her blog! you might know Lucy or you could have just gotten the photo because she was a model. either way, it's a small world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Elizabeth! Thank you so much for the Natural make-up pointers. LOVE IT! I am new to the blog world and have been completly comsumed for a week now, due to ALL the AMAZING blogs, YoUrS is ONE! :)
    *Note: as a HUGE bobbi brown & Laura Mercier fan, the products you have mentioned are AWESOME including the bobbi brown cream eyeshadow(goldstone & mercury), I have tried it and FELL HEAD OVER HEELS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog...like you LOVE ! makeup etc..

    anyhow..Just wanted to say Hi, and keep us posted with beauty products etc...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Elizabeth! I can't believe just found your blog! Thanks for the great tips!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was wondering if I should buy primer again...I think I will. Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete