Friday, March 25, 2011

Nashville Finds

If you live in Nashville, I'm very jealous! What a fun city!! My sister (on the right) lives in Memphis, so we decided to take a girls trip to Nashville for the weekend to relax and shop. It was my first time away from Asa. :( He stayed with my in-laws, so I knew he would be perfectly fine and get very spoiled!

I was looking for things in particular as we were shopping. I have been wanting to "lighten" up my accessories in my house since most of my furniture pieces are very dark. First, a few fun pictures of us, and then on to the "finds".

This is me, my sister, and my sister in law. We ate at Sperry's....YUM!!! I would definitely recommend it!

All of us- including my beautiful brunette mom! Isn't she gorgeous??


So....What I ended up buying was new drapes; I had dark chocolate brown before, so I found these cream ones at Pottery Barn Outlet for $30. I thought they might be a nice change for spring....

Here is another shot...with flash :) Although, they look white in this picture...

I also bought two lamps (one, you can see in this picture) at z-gallerie. Cream and simple. I also added the cream pillows from pottery barn for $19, and a couple of new "light" florals for spring here and there. I also painted the little dresser next to the chair an antique white, which was dark brown before.

I had a pretty traditional picture hanging above my entertainment center, and I replaced it with this green circle "whatcha-ma-call-it" that I found also at z-gallerie.

I love love this lantern. I found it in one of the many unique shops in Franklin for $35.

My mother in law gave me this vase, and I bought flowers to put in it for spring.
That's pretty much it for my house stuff. It's amazing that just a few little things can make such a difference. I'm still working on my other rooms...but getting close. I wish I had more "before" pics....but I don't. :)

Have a GREAT weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment