Tuesday, April 12, 2011

One year ago today....

...I got my phone call telling me I was pregnant!! No, unfortunately, I didn't get to do the whole "take a test and surprise your husband and family" thing, but I will never ever ever forget that incredible phone call. I waited a long time to hear those words!!  My sweet friend Shannon kept me company as I "patiently" waited.  She was an incredible encouragement throughout the process- I am so thankful for her! I was at glo when I found out, and I can't think of a more perfect place!

After a year and a half of trying to get pregnant, including 6 rounds of clomid and 5 IUI (artificial insemination), we decided to move on to IVF (invitro-fertilizatioin). One time did the trick, which we feel very blessed and thankful for.


Surgery Day!  They were able to retrieve 17 eggs, and out of those, 9 fertilized!  One VERY special egg was selected, and put back in 5 days later.  I got the call to tell me I was pregnant....but needed to see it for myself after MANY negative ones over the past year.






I was 31 weeks pregnant, and just had my first baby shower when Asa decided to make
an early arrival on October 28, 2010.












Our TINY little boy was here!




C-Sectoion Day
I hope next time I can be a little less anxious for this! :)  I will never forget his tiny little cry when the doctor pulled him out.
Despite being early, he was healthy! 


Its still hard for me to think back at how tiny 2 pounds was.  This picture makes me emotional for so many reasons.  It doesn't even look like him. They grow so fast!
I tried to make the best of our NICU experience. :)

Today I think back over the past year or two, and I wouldn't trade ONE hard, emotional day for anything in the world.  I know its a part of who I am now as well as Asa.  He is such a sweet miracle.  Praise the Lord for his health! 
For my dear friends who are struggling with infertility (and unfortunatley there are many many of you), please know that you are not alone.  God's timing is always perfect, even if its not of our choosing.  His ways are better than ours!

10 comments:

  1. I love everything about this post! And the picture that makes you emotional...yeah I cried. What a little fighter he is! Asa is so blessed to have you as his mommy! :) Love y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so so sweet... definitely teared up on this one. We are very blessed to have our little miracles!! Asa is so blessed to have you and Jo Bo as his parents. Love all three of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing miracle!! God is sooooo good!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved reading this post and being reminded of God's sweet, perfect plan to add Asa to your family! I just love that little guy to pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Elizabeth, Sorry it has taken me so long to get back at you. I had a second ultrasound at 20 weeks and that was when they discovered the cyst. I started having contraction at 25 weeks so they put me on bed rest and made it to 36 weeks and delivered her natural they where planning on taking her c-section but i hardly made it to the H. I had to wait 3mo and then went in and had the 11 cm cyst removed. Did you have a ultrasound prior to getting pregnant? My dr was amazed that I was able to get pregnant with a cyst.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Elizabeth for sharing! Your story is so encouraging to me and I'm sure many others who are going through infertility! Love you and little Asa!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet, sweet entry and I'm so excited that he will have a little girl cousin in a few months. Blessings to your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Elizabeth,
    I love this post! I am Morgan's friend and neighbor and have prayed for you, Joseph, and Asa when you were pregnant and delivering and afterwards. The last picture of him thrills my soul! What a beautiful boy!

    We serve a great God. I am so happy for you.
    Love
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, God is so good and Asa is one of his little miracles!
    He is blessed to have two wonderful parents!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a precious little miracle he is! I pray you had a blessed Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete