Tuesday, July 13, 2010

IT'S A BOY!!!!! (bump pictures included)

Well....We are having a BOY!!!
I knew I was going to be shocked either way, because it seems crazy that we now can call him by name. It only took two seconds to see what was in between his legs.
Me: "Is that a weenie?"
Doc: "Yup, that's a weenie!"
It was official...we are having a little boy. We are SO excited and just kept giggling all the way home. Between my brother's three boys and our Tuesday night "fam" night dinners with our friends (one has two boys, and one has one boy), I feel like I am covered with boy knowledge, clothes, and anything else a new momma might need for a boy!
I have finally posted some "bump" pictures for people who are like me and want to see them.

I think this was around 12-13ish weeks.

This was 15 weeks -can't hide it anymore!!
(I swear I'm not sticking my booty out-although it looks like it)

When I have to stuff the "bump" into jeans, somehow it looks a lot bigger and feels bigger than when I have comfy shorts or pants on! For obvious reasons I'm sure! :)


I immediately knew that I wanted to attack the guest closet so I could start putting the few gifts that I have in there. This is a very unfortunate before picture. Lots and lots of games, and a bunch of other random junk.




And..here is the after!


I was able to hide the games, and throw away as much stuff as I could. I even hung up a few of his clothes!




We had such a FUN gender reveal party to tell some of our friends and family. I will post the details tomorrow. I am currently 16 weeks and doing very well. Not very many symptoms other than a bit of "growing" pains every once in a while.
We have decided on the first name but haven't nailed down his middle name. Asa wil be his first name. It is joseph's middle name, as well as at least six generations (that we know of) of the males in his dad's family. The options for middle names are:
Asa Jordan Ray
(jordan is my middle name)
Asa James Ray
(james has some spiritual significance to us-especially this past year)
Asa Benjamin Ray
(after my dad)
Asa Luke Ray
(just because I like that name, although it doesn't really fit)

Our favorite so far is James. It is my favorite book in the bible, and has a verse that has been great for joseph and I this past year. They are all great, and most have meaning or are family names. But..we haven't decided 100% . We keep asking for opinions, but no one seems to want to give their opinion, which I understand. But I would love ANY suggestions.

Ok...that's all for now. I will post details of GENDER REVEAL PARTY tomorrow!

9 comments:

  1. Natalie WintersteinJuly 13, 2010 at 6:24 PM

    I think James is precious and seems to be very meaningful to you! Congrats!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I'm so proud of you!! I see you all the time and do my notice the bump, so it's fun to see that little man grow through pics!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Boys are sooo much fun and they love their momma!!! You are so cute preggers!!! James is great! Go with your what your heart is telling you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love James! If we were having a boy we were going to use James. It is my favorite book of the Bible as well. So excited for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the name and you look so cute! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. Your OB did the anatomy scan early! I thought they didn't do it until 18 weeks. You're adorable with your bump!

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it all!! So excited! I love Asa James. I say go with the spiritual significance. It will be a neat reminder of this season for you both for the rest of your lives. : ) Can't wait to hear the details of the gender party. Your bump is getting cuter and cuter!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your closet looks great!! Look at you being all creative!

    ReplyDelete